Heavy/Light Supersets  

Posted by TJ in , , , , ,

One of my favorite things to do when I'm traveling is supersets. Supersets combines two movements (usually for two different bodyparts) back to back without rest. This gets the heart rate up and cuts down on workout time.

My favorite technique for supersets is called "heavy/light". A great example of this is the workout I did today: Chest and Biceps. Since I can press much heavier dumbbells than I can curl (and this is true for everyone), I use a lighter weight for my chest movements, getting 12-20 repetitions. I follow that immediately with the SAME dumbbells for seated curls on the same bench, but the weight is heavy enough to only allow 4-6 repetitions.

This is a great way to mix up your rep schemes without hogging the dumbbells or having to change weights mid-exercise. Give it a shot.

7 Minute Muscle

This entry was posted at Tuesday, April 21, 2009 and is filed under , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment