A little bit about me  

Posted by TJ in , , , , ,

Hello,
It's me again Margret. HEHEHEHE

Sorry, Its just a line from an old Ray Stevens song.
How is everyone out there doing?
Me? I'm doing fine.
Just did an all nighter with my grandson of 1 month and 8 days old. Poor boy has an upset stomach.
Well let me tell you a lil bit about myself.
I'm 46, 5'9", 226lbs, LOOOOOOVE the outdoors, and I'm getting back into fitness.
And this is my story...

Five years ago, I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. I knew something was wrong because I wasn't looking and feeling like I used to. My weight was getting way up there and I was feeling tired all the time didn't want to work out any more, or do alot of the stuff that I used to do. So finally I went to the doctor and that's when I was dignosed.

Now In case some of you don't know, Type 2 Diabetes is where your body produces to much insulin. Insulin of course is sugar. And when your body gets to much sugar it stores it wherever it can. now your muscles use that sugar for energy but when there's to much of it, it stores it as FAT. Well , anyway that's the short version of it.

And that's what happened to me, I went from a well looking man of 200lbs and shot up there to 270 lbs. 255 when I was diagnosed.

I've been battling it ever since. Trying 1 diet after another and of course going up and down in weight. While I'm taking my medicine for Diabetes. And let me tell you it wasn't easy.

Now I'm not going to tell you I found the miracle diet, because I haven't. But I will tell you that if you are willing you can lose weight no matter what the circumstance.

It took me awhile to figure out what would work for my body, but once I did find it, I kept at it and I'm happy to say that when I started back in July of 2008 at 272lbs, I'm now at 226lbs on my way to the 200lbs I used to be.

The reason I say 200lbs because with my build I was more defined and toned, and I felt 100% more confident about myself.

Now the programs that I'm posting on here are some of the programs that I use, and let me tell you, I've used alot in the last 5 years, but the one's on here are the ones that are working well for me.

These aint programs for people with Diabetes or other ailments, these are programs for everybody, for every walk of life. No matter if you want to build muscle or just want to lose a few pounds, these programs will work for you.

You just have to be willing to put forth the effort.

And if you think you are to old to get back into shape, I'm 46 years old and I'm doing it.

Talk to you later.
Jeff

This entry was posted at Sunday, January 18, 2009 and is filed under , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment