Strawberry, Banana Smoothie  

Posted by TJ in , , , , , , ,

Hello,

Just thought I would share 1 of my smoothie recipes with you. This is my favorite.
This is for Diabetics and great after a hard workout.(Well I think it is)

Ingredients:

* 3/4 cup Skim milk
* 3/4 cup ice cubes, crushed or about 6 ice cubes
* 1/2 cup reduced-fat strawberry yogurt
* 1/2 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries
* 1 firm banana, chopped and frozen
* Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar (I use Equal)

Directions:
In a blender, combine all of the ingredients; cover and blend for about a minute or until smooth. Stir if necessary. Serve immediately. Yield: 3 servings.


Nutrition Facts

* One serving:
* 1 cup

* Calories:
* 110

* Fat:
* 1 g

* Saturated Fat:
* 0 g

* Cholesterol:
* 3 mg

* Sodium:
* 55 mg

* Carbohydrate:
* 23 g

* Fiber:
* 1 g

* Protein:
* 4 g

* Diabetic Exchange:
* 1/2 fruit, 1/2 reduced-fat milk.

Hope you enjoy it. I know I am.

Later.
Jeff

This entry was posted at Sunday, January 18, 2009 and is filed under , , , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment